What is neurocentric fitness?
The nervous system manages your entire body. If you need to make changes in pain, range of motion, strength, coordination, speed, agility, or any other physical attribute, the fastest path to getting there is to adjust your nervous system.
- It is the governing system of the body. In other words, it runs the whole show.
- It is the most plastic system of the body. Research has proven that the nervous system can continue to learn and adapt at ANY age, which means you can improve your body at ANY point in your life by focusing on the nervous system.
- It is the fastest system of the body. Your nerves communicate throughout the body at lightning-fast speed. What is wonderful about this is if you impact the nervous system correctly, you can make nearly instantaneous changes in the body
All day every day we are communicating with our nervous system.
Holly Thompson is a Z-Health Certified Practitioner. Your sessions at Love Pilates Center for Pilates, High-Performance Athletics or Fascial Stretch Therapy target the nervous system in many different ways:
- Visual Skills Training
- Unique Balance Challenges
- Precise Mobility Work
- Non-Traditional Strength Training Exercises
- Sensory Integration Drills
- And many, many more
One thing that all of these approaches have in common is a persistent focus on novelty. Modern neuroscience tells us that the brain learns best when there is something new to learn. By varying the stimulus (which can be as dramatic as an entirely new movement or as subtle as a change in lighting) you get the nervous system’s attention. This allows us to use every training session as a “neural reeducation experience” leading to not only better movement, but more interesting and powerful training sessions.