What is Neuro-Pilates?
The nervous system manages your entire body. If you need to make changes in pain, range of motion, strength, coordination, speed, agility, or any other physical attribute, the fastest path to getting there is to adjust your nervous system.
- It is the governing system of the body. In other words, it runs the whole show.
- It is the most plastic system of the body. Research has proven that the nervous system can continue to learn and adapt at ANY age, which means you can improve your body at ANY point in your life by focusing on the nervous system.
- It is the fastest system of the body. Your nerves communicate throughout the body at lightning-fast speed. What is wonderful about this is if you impact the nervous system correctly, you can make nearly instantaneous changes in the body
All day every day we are communicating with our nervous system.
Neurocentric Pilates lessons target the nervous system in many different ways:
- Visual Skills Training
- Unique Balance Challenges
- Precise Mobility Work
- Non-Traditional Strength Training Exercises
- Sensory Integration Drills
- And many, many more
This allows us to use every training session as a “neural reeducation experience” leading to not only better movement, but more interesting and powerful training sessions.
Pilates was founded as a system of corrective and high performance exercises. Joe Pilates himself was a boxer, diver, gymnast and all-around athlete. His system of exercises is known for benefits such as reduced pain and improved core strength. Neuro-Pilates is taking this one step further only to target your goals more precisely. Classic Pilates in the Eve Gentry lineage has a focus on eye movements to improve neck mobility and reduce pain , along with targeted stability and corrective exercises. Joe Pilates rehabilitated Eve Gentry and she carried on his work with a focus on improving mobility and doing more corrective exercises to improve overall health.